• Are You Due a Refund

    Eligibility Checker

    3 simple questions to before we start...

    Yes No
    Do you work in the construction industry?
    Are you a subcontractor or self-employed?
    Do you incur expenses in your job?

    Great news...
    You’re eligible for a refund

    Claim today and get paid on 30 October 2020

    On the basis of the information you've provided, you're eligible for a refund. Call now on 020 8561 8388, or... On the basis of the information you've provided, you're eligible for a refund. Complete the Claim Now form and we'll get back in touch with you.

    You might not be eligible for a refund but may still need to file a tax return if you are self-employed

    Don't worry one of our helpful advisers will be able to check this for you. Call now on 020 8561 8388.

  • Calculate Your Refund

    Tax Refund Calculator (19/20 tax year)

    Turnover (before tax)


    Value of expenses 100%



    Are you taxed at 20% or 30%?

    Great news! You’re due a refund of .

    On the basis of the information you’ve provided, you’re eligible for a refund. Call now on 020 8561 8388, or…

    Claim today and get paid on 30 October 2020

    You may owe to HMRC.

    Don’t worry the most common reason is due to a mistake in what you have entered.

    Please get in touch and we’ll check.

    Call us
  • Any Questions?

    Any Questions?

    You may be able to find the answer quickly in our FAQs

    Please get in touch using the contact form below and we get back to you right away

    Or please Call Us on 020 8561 8388

  • Refer a friend

    Refer a friend

    Simply recommend friends using the referral form below and receive £60 in cash for every successful referral!

    Your details

    Friend's details

  • Refund Registration Form

Motor expense guide for the self-employed

What are allowable expenses?

If you’re travelling exclusively for business purposes, you can claim your motor expenses as “allowable expenses”. Although it doesn’t include if:

  • You travel between just your home and your permanent workplace
  • Private travel

How do you calculate your motor expenses?

If you don’t have receipts for all your travel, then you can estimate your motor expenses by using any motor expense calculator online, or use HMRC’s fixed mileage rates.

You can use the mileage method to calculate your car, van or motorcycle expenses using a flat rate for mileage instead of the actual costs of buying and running your vehicle, eg insurance, repairs, servicing, fuel. You can find more information on how to do that here.

What records can I keep?

If you decide you want to use your receipts to calculate your expenses as opposed to the mileage method, you should keep record of:

  • fuel/oil;
  • insurance;
  • vehicle tax;
  • repairs/servicing;
  • parts;
  • recovery subscription;
  • MOT.

You can use the vehicle for both private and business use, however you can only claim on the expense incurred whilst using it for business. Therefore, it’s advised to keep track of these expenses using your business account. It’s worth noting it down once the accounting period begins. If you use your receipts, you will also be allowed to claim capital allowances.

We help our clients get the most out of there expenses, we’re able to guide our clients into understanding which expenses can be claimed and which can’t. Give us a ring today on 0208 561 8388 today to see if we can help.

Claim now